Terms & Conditions
1. Orders are accepted on condition that the Hirer understands and accepts the following Terms and Conditions, in making payments towards the invoice the hirer is agreeing to these terms and conditions, a link to these terms is also provided on the invoices.
2. A booking is not confirmed until Lighthouse Events have received the 20% booking fee as stated on the invoice, full balance must be received 4 weeks before the hire date.
If payment is not received by the due date without agreement then the booking will be deemed cancelled and no refunds will be given.
Lighthouse do not offer any type of credit; all hires must be paid for in advance.
3. Photographs will be taken of the hired items in situ at the venue as proof of the condition at the beginning of hire. If items are damaged or missing (including cables and extensions) when collected then the repair or replacement cost will be invoiced to the hirer. From the time of drop off until the time Lighthouse collect items the hirer is solely responsible for all items.
4. Children must be supervised when around hired equipment, light up letters and numbers are not to be sat on, climbed on or used to stand anything on (including drinks) as doing so can cause damage, any damage caused will be chargeable to the hirer irrespective of who caused such damage.
5. It is the responsibility of the hirer to ensure that the hired items are in the agreed collection location at the time specified.
Lighthouse collect items the day following the event unless the venue requires collection at the end of the night, if the venue does require a late night collection after 10pm there is an additional £30 fee.
If any item is not in the agreed location when Lighthouse arrive to collect then a hire charge will apply at the daily rate on the original invoice, if any items are not ready for collection on the agree date an additional collection charge may also be incurred for extra subsequent journeys.
6. The hirer is responsible for any damage or loss to hired items regardless whether any damage or loss is caused by any other person, this includes damage caused by venue staff and other guests from the time Lighthouse deliver until the time of collection. Any damages or missing items will be invoiced for the full replacement cost.
The hired items must remain at the drop off location, unless previously agree by Lighthouse.
7. In the event of damages or missing items the hirer will be invoiced for the replacement amount, failure to pay this invoice will result in recovery action being taken through the County Courts, recovery of court fees shall also be included in the claim, should an invoice become overdue for more than 30 days then a late payment fee of £35 will be added, interest will then also be charged at the Bank of England base rate plus 8%.
8. Should any hired items not be available due to damage or loss a close replacement will be substituted in its place, if necessary, this may be from one of our trusted suppliers, if Lighthouse are unable to substitute with similar items Lighthouse will inform the hirer as soon as practically possible and refund the cost of this item.
9. Delivery/collection is chargeable and is calculated in distance travelled. Delivery is based on 2 return journeys; this cost will be included in the invoice.
10. Cancellations - Lighthouse offer a 14-day cooling off period after which time in the event of a cancellation a refund will only be issued in the form of a gift voucher to the value of payments received minus the initial deposit which covers costs which Lighthouse have already incurred, including administration and payment handling fees, this voucher is valid for any event and is valid for 24 months, the gift voucher is transferable.
In the unlikely event that Lighthouse cannot supply any item that has been paid for then Lighthouse will endeavour to provide a suitable alternative, if this is not possible then the hirer will receive a full refund for this item only.
Lighthouse will not be held responsible for any indirect or consequential loss howsoever arising.
Lighthouse do recommend that the hirer obtains suitable wedding/event insurance.
In the event the hirer needs to postpone their event then subject to availability Lighthouse will accommodate a date change anytime within the following 18 months at no extra charge, following a postponement should Lighthouse be unable to accommodate the new date then the hirer is entitled to a refund of monies paid minus the 20% booking fee which covers costs which Lighthouse have already incurred, including administration and payment handling fees.
11. Prices, details and services including any promotions or special offers featured are subject to change at any time and can be withdrawn at any time.
12. Payment can be made by credit/debit card, either using the secure link on the invoice or by telephone. For bank transfer payments please contact us for details.
13. Liability - Lighthouse shall not be held responsible for any injury or damage to persons or property unless this can be shown to have occurred as a direct result of the company’s negligence.